Introduction

¡Bienvenidos a Mi Blog!


Hello, my name is Gabriel Treider, and I could not be more excited to be interning for the SAI Barcelona study abroad office! Every Tuesday, I will post a blog from the perspective of a 22-year-old from Colorado. Never living in a city populated over 300,000 people, I assumed Barcelona’s 1.6 million Catalonians would be overwhelming at the start of my journey. I have never been more wrong. Barcelona feels like my home because of the kindness from people that I have crossed paths with at the grocery store, on the metro, and at school.


For the next three months, I will be attending Universitat Autònoma de Barcelona (UAB). At UAB I will be studying economics accompanied by two international management classes. In my management classes, I will study the cultural differences here in Spain and around the world. Back home in Fort Collins, Colorado I attend Colorado State University majoring in Economics with a minor in Philosophy. I love sports, outdoor activities, traveling, good food, I am currently watching the Netflix original series "Ozark," and I am reading The Alchemist.


Every Tuesday, I will post a blog about memorable food, museums, towns, and anything that should be shared. This is my first blog ever, so don’t be too harsh and forgive me if my format is not up to standard with a professional blog. This is going to be a learning experience for me and I promise to enlighten whoever is reading, about the best places to eat, sightsee, hangout and much more in Barcelona. Hopefully, you will follow me through my semester in Barcelona and maybe find yourself inspired to visit, study, or work in this beautiful metropolitan city.


For the past two weeks, I have felt like Forest Gump, constantly running around Barcelona without stopping. Up till now, I've experienced Olympic and Sports Museum Joan Antoni Samaranch, The National Art Museum of Catalonia, La Monumental, La Rambla, Bunkers del Carmel, Sagrada Familia, and the Gothic Quarter. Also, my friends and I explored Born Street Food Mercè, Tapas Night in the district of Poblenou, La Monumental Club, and my favorite of the week, the Cómo como Festival 2018. Luckily, my roommates and I are conveniently located by the Metro making all these places easily accessible without having to deal with street traffic. Be on the lookout for upcoming festivals, concerts, or events in Barcelona and I will try to give a little update each week on events happening in the city or nearby.


If you are in Barcelona or want to plan a trip here check out Barcelona Metropolitan for great advice on upcoming festivals, food, and just about anything imaginable! 


Thank you, Sandrine and Leticia for countless hours that you have put into making our Fall ’18 family have the time of our lives! I can’t wait to hang out in the office every Tuesday. 



Official Intern Photo Taken by Leticia 

Photo Taken by Leticia at Bunkers del Carmel


Stay Woke.



Adéu

Comments

  1. I can't wait to visit Barcelona! It sounds amazing. Enjoyed reading your blog.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Great to see your smiling face in Barcelona and read about some of your adventures! We are looking forward to seeing you in person in November. Keep studying, exploring and making the most of this opportunity!

    ReplyDelete

Post a Comment

Popular posts from this blog

Travel Recommendation: Zaragoza and Sabiñánigo

Travel Recommendation: Montserrat